Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Why I am So Cool

First off, I am super humble. Next, I'm from Burley, Idaho. If that's not cool I'm not sure what is. But, really Burley was a way awesome place to grow up. There seems to be endless recreational opportunities around the Burley area. Happily my dad is a recreation enthusiast so we have a whole garage full of various outdoor equipment. The Snake River offers some really good boating. My favorite boating activity is skiing, but I also enjoy kneeboarding, wakeboarding and of course tubing. Kayaking is good stuff too. In addition to the river, the mountains close by are chuck full of amazingness, like a ski resort, mountain bike trails, good places to snowshoe & cross country ski, rock climbing and camping spots. So, yeah, I like the outdoors.
Before you write me off as a granola or something like that, I also really enjoy theatrical productions. I would hate being in play, but I love watching them. One of the highlights of my Christmas season was seeing BYU's production of White Christmas and one of my favorite summer traditions is going to the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City with my mom and sisters. I also really love Georgette Heyer novels. Seriously, they are wonderful. 
Now is the point where I move onto my special skills, such as bow hunting and nunchuck skills. Unfortunately, I have neither of these, but I can make pavlova. I consider this a far superior skill to either of the aforementioned ones. I've done the Spudman triathlon twice. It consists of a one mile swim, a 26 mile bike and a 10K run.  I'm not sure if this counts as a skill, but I'm putting it here anyway. 
Well, now you know why I am so cool. See ya in class!

2 comments:

  1. I feel bad because I don't actually know who this is, there doesn't seem to be a name anywhere besides hDAWG haha. (It may be somewhere but with my lack of blogging skills, I don't know how to figure it out.) I just wanted to say, I think it is really cool that you did the Spudman triathlon! That's impressive. :) I also went to see the White Christmas play, pretty fantastic. I'm not quite sure how much we are supposed to comment but I hope this will do. P.s. I'm not even sure if you are a boy or a girl...awkward. :) ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops sorry, I forgot I didn't have my name anywhere on my blog. This is Heather Johnson.

      Delete