Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Errors

1-"This is an easy way to sort thing out because students are already grouped by envelope." subject verb agreement 
"This is an easy way to sort things out because students are already grouped by envelope."
2-"Granted, if sophomores and upperclassmen have not fulfilled these GEs yet then there is a problem." This sentence has multiple problems. I'm thinking taking out the yet and putting a comma after GEs. Then the first part of the sentence would be a dependent clause the last part an independent which would mean a comma. 
"Granted, if sophomores and upper classman have not fulfilled these GEs, then there is a problem. 
3-"I wished I could tell you something shockingly horrible happened when I depressed my mouse button, but it was your run-of-the-mill adding a class procedure, which turned Freshman Mentoring into a conveyer of miscommunication (not to be confused with lying, which would be against the Honor Code)." wrong tense- subject verb agreement 
"I wish I could tell you something shockingly horrible happened when I depressed my mouse button, but it was your run-of-the-mill adding a class procedure, which turned Freshman Mentoring into a conveyer of miscommunication (not to be confused with lying, which would be against the Honor Code)."
4-"The Freshman Mentoring program definitely gives a person enrolled that feeling, even if in all reality, it is not babysitting." enrolled messes with the real verb of the sentence (gives) 
"The Freshman Mentoring program definitely gives a participant that feeling, even if in all reality, it is not babysitting."
5-"When I talk to the Freshman Mentoring office about my predicament, they advised me to take Writing 150 through them and a political science class outside of the program to fulfill the half the American Heritage requirement that I was missing." switching tense in the middle of the sentence
"When I talked to the Freshman Mentoring office about my predicament, they advised me to take Writing 150 through them and a political science class outside of the program to fulfill the half the American Heritage requirement that I was missing." 

2 comments:

  1. You didn't have any serious problems here, all simple mistakes which is good! I'm also a big fan of silly little mistakes that when you find them, you want to give youself a face palm. Haha. Very god job!

    ReplyDelete