Monday, February 20, 2012

Love Letter (Shakespearean style)

To the Fair Guinevere:

I sit around this table with sad heart
Away from thee depressed, my spirit weeps.
My love is full as a complete circle
Finished and whole, an unending line of
Passion, unbroken as the seasons swing
For thou enchantress  of my heart I write.

Angels are said to oft times fall down from
The azure sky, to meet mortals as we
Toil and sing us softly through a life
What immortal words their voices toll and
Lead poor sinners through a dark and slipp'ry place

Thou art as an angle sent to sing to
Me and my heart of gravel and of stone
To fuel my passion and give me a hope
Of making this a sweeter trek through
A wilderness. Kiss me, sweet chuck, and then
I'll know your passion's just as mine and more.

Your Lover,
Lancelot

1 comment:

  1. Excelente! I would definitely be able to identify this style without knowing in the title which it was.

    Great line: My love is full as a complete circle
    Finished and whole, an unending line of
    Passion, unbroken as the seasons swing

    ReplyDelete